Sunday, April 24, 2011

Week 10

Day 70

A new Phase begins tomorrow but first I will reflect on Phase I.  For seventy days I have focused on this diet with a sense of apprehension and challenge.  At first, it was the fear of the unknown, the uncertainty of giving up something which is so ingrained in me, denying myself foods I like and emotionally depend on.  But then, as my body and mind began adjusting to the changes, I learned to relax and slow down my eating, accepting smaller quantities of food, enjoying the tastes of simple things.  Meat wasn't a big part of the ten weeks but when I did eat it, it was great!  Fruits and vegetables tasted good as well.  I never really panicked with this plan because I knew the next  feeding was just three hours away, I would survive.  I could tell that I was taking in less kilocalories than my body was using but it was tolerable because the deficit wasn't too great, keeping weight loss to 1-2 lbs. a week is the key.  It's been interesting and exciting to go through this process and to "survive".  I am looking forward to the results (which will be posted in the upcoming week) and the beginnings of a new challenge-Phase II here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment