Friday, March 18, 2011

Week 5

Day 33

Tonight my wife Susan and I are heading out to celebrate our 33rd wedding anniversary.  My student workers are beginning to design menu plans that incorporate local restaurants and tonight it will be steak at Logan's!  This will be the first time in over four weeks that I have had red meat.  I'll let you know how that goes. 

Sunday marks the midway point of Phase I of the twinkie2diet.  I am beginning to consider the objectives for Phase II.  Any suggestions from followers are appreciated.  As I mentioned before, if my weigh-in on Monday, 3/21 shows a more than two lb. drop in weight, I will consider adding kilocalories to the diet.  I do feel good and my running has been giong well, there is less stresson the knees.  As part of Phase II I will be increasing the run schedule by adding an extra day.  I am also considering running in some road races and possible competing in a triathlon.  We'll see.

3 comments:

  1. May I have the other half of your steak please? The DC was a little weak today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope your anniversary dinner was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you enjoyed your first steak in over a month.

    ReplyDelete