Monday, February 14, 2011

Week 1

DAY 1
Today is the first day of Phase I of the ten week twinkie2diet.  It begins with a weigh-in, girth measurements, and body fat measurements.  Other assessments will include a Maximal Oxygen Uptake test and  a blood profile.  My current weight is 235 lbs., wow!  Each day of the diet will include a meal plan limited to1800 kilocalories and a balance of approximately 60% carbohydrate, 28% fat, and 12% protein.  Key differences with the twinkie diet that Kansas State Professor Mark Haub developed are the limits on "junk foods" and the inclusion of fruits and more vegetables.  Yet the premise is the same, limiting the number of calories equals weight loss.

I will keep you updated frequently on my progress and we should see a consistent pattern of healthy weight loss take place over the next ten weeks!

Also, I want to thank student worker Robby Burns for his assistance with today's measurments.

2 comments:

  1. You spelled Robby's name wrong... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very interesting to follow your progress from the beginning! I really appreciate you sharing with us about how you've been progressing with photos and blogs. It is helpful for me to see/hear about how a diet can be successful if approached in the right manner. Thank you for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete