Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Week 12

Day 79

I just got my blood profile back and some amazing changes!  Checkout the Post Assessment page for the full account, but the highlights are as follows:
  • triglycerides 103 mg/dl, down from 126 mg/dl
  • cholesterol 159 mg/dl, down from 219 mg/dl
  • LDL 94 mg/dl, down from 144 mg/dl
  • HDL/LDL Ratio .468, up from .347
The HDL level (good cholesterol) actually dropped too, from 50 mg/dl to 44 mg/dl, which isn't the direction I want it to go, but the overall HDL/LDL ratio improved.  All in all, the reduction in overall kilocalorie intake and fat intake is obvious.  I will look for an improvement in HDL levels by looking for more unsaturated fat intake and increased aerobic exercise.  A good day!

1 comment:

  1. Lars,
    Good on ya! Let me know when you want to talk some anaerobic training!
    Just got done with some HOOP jumping!
    See you Friday!

    ReplyDelete